We’re taking as many steps as necessary to keep you and our team as safe as possible by practicing social distancing and reducing day-to-day contact as much as possible.
In our office & warehouse we are:
* Maintaining a distance of at least 2 metres (3 steps) between individuals (staff and any visitors who pop in) wherever possible.
* Washing hands regularly using soap and water for 20 seconds.
* Making sure everyone has access to hand sanitiser.
* Encouraging the use of digital and remote transfers of material where possible rather than paper format, such as using e-forms, emails and e-banking
* As much as possible, keeping the team in the office as small as possible.
Additionally, if there are any customers / visitors – we are:
* Regulating entry so that the premises do not become overcrowded and social distancing can be maintained.
* Using additional signage to ask customers not to enter the premises and to wait at the main door.
* Frequently cleaning of work areas and equipment between use and limiting or restricting use of high-touch items and equipment, for example, printers or whiteboards.
Our vans are cleaned at the start and end of day including the steering wheel, gear selector, handbrake, ventilation controls, radio/infotainment, seat controls, seat belts, grab handles and mirror adjusters.
Our tools and equipment are cleaned if they are shared tools. However, each fitter ideally has their own tools and we plan for enough tools to be on site (as is practical) so each worker does not need to share.
When we call or customers contact us to book an appointment – survey or installation – we will ask if:
* They or anyone in their home has been recently diagnosed with Covid-19.
* They or anyone in their home is self-isolating.
* Anyone in their home is at higher risk – e.g. over 70, diabetic, etc
We will also call on the day of appointment and ask the same set of questions, in case anything has changed since it was booked.
If someone in the home has symptoms or has been recently exposed to Covid-19, we may have to delay the appointment until a later date.
When the appointment goes ahead, we will take all necessary precautions, including handwashing \ sanitising and following social distancing guidelines always. We will not shake hands.
We will also ask everyone in the household to remain in another room while the survey or installation is carried out.
If required, our team will wear PPE – e.g. masks, gloves and overalls – when they come and do the survey and \ or installation.
Training on controls – due to social distancing it may not be easy or practical to provide on-site training of use of controls. Where possible, we will set controls using gloves to touch control units. If training is not possible on site, we will provide training materials which will be left or sent to customers separately with help provided either online or over the phone post installation.
When on site doing a survey or installation – we will wash or sanitise hands regularly, particularly after nose blowing, sneezing or coughing, and when leaving the property.
If required, we will wear PPE – e.g. masks, gloves and overalls.
We will always maintain a safe distance (at least 2 metres) from any household occupants and ensure good ventilation in the area where we are working, including opening a window, if possible.
Where it is not possible to follow the social distancing guidelines in full in relation to a particular activity or passing / working in a small space, we will take all the mitigating actions possible to reduce the risk of transmission.
As much as possible, we will keep groups of fitters working together in teams that are as small as possible.